Java Problems

Reaction score
I've recently been trying to download a program called Pesterchum. I've been told that to download it on a Mac, you need both Java 1.6 and 6.0. I had other versions of Java, but not those, so I got to work on downloading them. I started with 6.0 and it downloaded, then installed without a hitch. Then I went on to 1.6. It downloaded, but when I tried to install it, it said that it couldn't because I already downloaded a newer version of the software. I could always just uninstall 6.0, but that doesn't solve my copy of Java 5.0. I would've just uninstalled that, but the file for it is completely missing. Literally, I have checked every place on my computer for the file for it and cannot find it.

How can I uninstall 5.0 in this situation?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Java 1.6 is Java 6. The naming is a bit confusing if you're not used to how Sun/Oracle names the versions of Java.

There is no need to uninstall Java 5. You can choose which version of Java is the default with the Java Preferences app in /Applications/Utilities. Simply drag the preferred default version to the top.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.