Help pls with Hard Drive Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi everyone...newbie here...I want to upgrade the Hard Drive on my MacBook Pro - currently, I have a 160GB hard drive. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 320GB or more. I got my MBP in Sept 2009, right before they introduced a newer model. I've changed the Hard Drive myself on my other MacBook, but I don't know what kind of hard drive or size I should be getting to make sure it'll fit my MBP. I remember having to buy an enclosure back then as well.

This was the Hard Drive I got for my MacBook, and I'm wondering do I get the same one for my MBP?

Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD3200BEVT 320GB 5400 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Can someone guide me? This is the Hardware Overview of my MBP:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
SATA 2.5" 9.5mm the size and RPM is up to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13.3 macbook pro 8GB DDR3 500GB 7200 RPM HD also an Imac G4 that sits and collects dust
I just went with the 7200 rpm 500gb hitachi travelstar they are having good sales on them if you look and there not much more then the 320 it might even be cheaper then the one your looking at this went in a macbook aluminum 5,1 late 2008 model i also changed the memory to 4gb something you might want to think about OWC has some good deals to make the whole change over easy and step by step tech support for when your in the middle of doing the upgrade good luck jim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.