iMac issue with finder and crashes

Reaction score
I have an iMac which has been having issues with finder, and it sometimes crashes with a kernel panic screen. I plan to upgrade to snow leopard from leopard to attempt to resolve these issues. Do you think reinstalling osx and then upgrading is the way to go, or will an upgrade without an initial reinstall fix these issues? The snow leopard disk I have is upgrade only which is why I need to reinstall leopard first.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Could you post the kernel panic report so we can try and pinpoint the issue?

Cheers
- Simon

OP
J
Reaction score
Could you post the kernel panic report so we can try and pinpoint the issue?

Cheers
- Simon

First off, bad *** icon! Second off, my friend was using it when it happened and didn't save it. Does it store the panic reports in a log file somewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
First off, lol ;)
Second off... should be auto-saved when it happens to Home > Library > Logs or Home > Library > Logs > DiagnosticReports

HTH,
- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.