Help with new Macbook Pro..

Reaction score
Hello all, I came to you for some advice..
Over the weekend I purchased a Macbook Pro 15" i7 2.66Ghz... I just realized that they came out with the new models today that have the 2.2ghz i7. My main question is would it be a good idea for me to take back this macbook and get the new model.. I mainly do graphics work on it and wasnt sure if i was gonna see a significant decrease in the processor speeds or if the upgraded graphics card would be more beneficial to me? Please comment!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
Well the new Macbook Pros have QuadCores in them now. And they have faster data transfers due to the new thunderbolt port. I would consider taking it back and seeing what the Apple Store says. That would be terrible if they said they couldn't do anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 13" <3
In the UK you get hassle free returns for full money back within 14 days of purchase at any Apple store, so you should be able to return and exchange it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
In the UK you get hassle free returns for full money back within 14 days of purchase at any Apple store, so you should be able to return and exchange it :)

Then I would definitely get the new one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
im not ecstatic about the new macs but i think id return it for one of the new ones. it will have a higher resale value.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your help I looked over that they were quad core. I purchased it from Best Buy because they have the accidental protection... I will deff be exchanging it for the new model. They give 14 days to return I believe.

Reaction score
My wife and I just purchsed a new MacBook Pro 5 day's ago. We got the 15" i5 with 500GB HD model. This alway's happens with us. When we bought our Canon 40D SLR camera, the 50D was released the next week. We would like to return our MBP for the newer sandy bridge model. We also bought ours at Best Buy and was wandering how difficult it may be to return it for the newer model without a restocking fee. I would think if the item was of equal or greater value they would not charge a restocking fee. If it's possible it totally seems worth trading in our 1 week old MBP for the newer model. How difficult do you guy's think this is? I wouldn't doubt if Best Buy waited 14 day's after the release date to stock the computers to keep people like us from doing that. Maybe a transaction could be completed in store while having to wait several day's to take delivery. I don't think this is too much to ask after dropping over $2k for a laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
My wife and I just purchsed a new MacBook Pro 5 day's ago. We got the 15" i5 with 500GB HD model. This alway's happens with us. When we bought our Canon 40D SLR camera, the 50D was released the next week. We would like to return our MBP for the newer sandy bridge model. We also bought ours at Best Buy and was wandering how difficult it may be to return it for the newer model without a restocking fee. I would think if the item was of equal or greater value they would not charge a restocking fee. If it's possible it totally seems worth trading in our 1 week old MBP for the newer model. How difficult do you guy's think this is? I wouldn't doubt if Best Buy waited 14 day's after the release date to stock the computers to keep people like us from doing that. Maybe a transaction could be completed in store while having to wait several day's to take delivery. I don't think this is too much to ask after dropping over $2k for a laptop.

Your best bet would be to call the B.B. store you purchased from and speak directly to the store manager.

OP
M
Reaction score
I called my best buy store and they said they did have them in stock.. I didnt think to ask about a restocking fee but I would hope there is not one..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is no restocking fee at Best Buy provided you return the computer within the 14 days allotted time frame. And most times, Best Buy will waive that for a one on one exchange.

Reaction score
For those wandering on the outcome, we returned out 15" MBP with core i5 and 500GB harddrive in exhange for the new high end 15" with the sandy bridge core i7 and 750GB hard drive. The difference was $153 dollars and they didn't give us any trouble. There are no restocking fees at all. It was a very worth upgrade for us and we're happy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.