mini-port to HDMI

Reaction score
I have just acquired a mini-port to HDMI adapter and a HDMI lead. My Macbook pro is virtually brand new.*When I connect it too my TV I get this horrendous buzzing noise, and can barely hear the sound output. This is annoying me. I have tried the HDMI in my old windows laptop, connected it to my TV and it's all fine, great picture, with great sound. In system preferences it is saying there is another sound output, but it is not recognising it. Any suggestions ???

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
The problem is in the sound the video works well right ?

You might try switching the TV off while the cable is connected and your mac is turned on and turn it back on. See what happens. Hope it helps

OP
M
Reaction score
The problem is in the sound the video works well right ?

You might try switching the TV off while the cable is connected and your mac is turned on and turn it back on. See what happens. Hope it helps

This didn't work, yes the audio is the problem, image/picture is fine ! Its a buzzing/crackling noise, can just about hear the music in the background too, so some audio is getting through, thanx anyway

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
How about checking the Audio preferences. Although I do not think this is the problem.
try to disconnect and connect the cable from you MBP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.