Charger/battery error!

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got a 13' Macbook Air for christmas, although recently I've been discovering a problem:

The charger wont work!? - Everytime I use it, it goes green for a bit then just stops.. I have to plug it in the computer, and pull the cord around the computer for it to work - so, as you can imagine; this wears out the cord heaps... even by doing this, it still does not work.

Is this a common problem? Is it fixable? Do I need a new battery? Do I need a new charger?

Please help, ASAP! - It is getting really bad, sometimes; II have to wait for up to 5 hours to login, as it simply wont work.

Thanks,

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello,

I recently got a 13' Macbook Air for christmas, although recently I've been discovering a problem:

The charger wont work!? - Everytime I use it, it goes green for a bit then just stops.. I have to plug it in the computer, and pull the cord around the computer for it to work - so, as you can imagine; this wears out the cord heaps... even by doing this, it still does not work.

If you got this MacBook new for Christmas...then don't even stress yourself out trying to fix it. Just take it to your nearest Apple Store...and let them figure it out.

They will fix or replace what's wrong.:)

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
If you got this MacBook new for Christmas...then don't even stress yourself out trying to fix it. Just take it to your nearest Apple Store...and let them figure it out.

They will fix or replace what's wrong.:)

- Nick

Cool thanks. Do I need to bring any information along? Also, am I looking at extremely large bills?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.