Anyone know of a simple solution to set up iMail Read receipts please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I'm looking to set up my iMail on my MBP so that I can get proof of Read email receipts, but this is proving somewhat of a mission, with sources giving guides on how to set it up, but via the Terminal.

Is there no simple app, or client that can do this for you?

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use a different Mail Client if you wish to always receive receipts for sent mail. Some clients offer that as an option. Thunderbird mail (free) is one that does. (Located in Advanced Options)

Other more expensive mail clients likewise can be setup that way. (Outlook)

Note that most mail clients also offer a way to refuse sending a receipt. So, if your recipients do not want to send one, you're not going to receive it anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPad 3rd Gen, AppleTV
Hi there. I only joined Mac-Forum today and I agree with chscag and personally purchased (about US$20) PostBox (based on Mozilla technology) for this very reason. I've been using it now for two years and love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.