Just had total SSD failure on my MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I was just reading some chemistry powerpoint, when the screen just went black. I thought I accidentally hit the low dim key, but that wasn't the case. The white activity light on the bottom right is fully lit, but nothing appears to work. If I restart it, the apple logo starts up, and then goes back to the black screen(surprised it didn't show some other problem icon!?) I'm ticked!! I took the SSD out, and plugged it into my G5, and it doesn't even show up! ARGHHHHH!!!!!! Just for measures, I plugged my old 250gb hdd that came with the MBP(which still had the full OS on it) and it fired right up. I have back ups, so I'm not too worried that, but my home folder, and some other apps were split between the SSD and hdd. Anyone know anything with regards to taking a back-up from two drives, and installing them on 1?

FYI: I was using a OCZ Agility Series 32GB SSD. I will never buy OCZ again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Alas a bit late to avoid OCZ now and they do have something of a tardy reputation. For starters pop it back in to the MBP, boot from the install disc, go to Utilities in the Menu Bar, select Disk Utility, and see if the drive appears, and if so hit the 'Repair Disk' button and see what comes up.

Cannot help with the backups if you cannot access the SSD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.