White MacBook 2006 Touchpad issue

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a White Macbook from August 2006.
The touchpad button gave me some hard time but I managed to fix it putting a little piece of paper between the touchpad and the battery.
Unfortunately now this doesn't seem to be enough anymore. The button clicks, but somehow is not getting any electrical contact.

I really do not want to spend £100 to get it fixed it now, and I am happy to open it and fix it myself.

What do you think could be the problem?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I think it could just be a worn out part, or, it could be that your battery has expanded causing this to happen (which is not rare).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
It could be a loose connection somewhere.
If you really are happy to take it apart yourself you may want to follow this guide on iFixit... word of warning though these Macbook's are a major pain in the bum when it comes to disassembly and reassembling. Make sure you know/ remember/ keep all the screws organised so you can put them all back in the correct places. The amount I have taken apart and having to go back because I have missed one or two screws is ridiculous ;)

Installing MacBook Core Duo Upper Case - iFixit

Hope this helps
- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.