• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Survey finds consumers believe Apple is bigger than its CEO, Steve Jobs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
It wouldn't change my buying habits, really. If Apple produces great products, then it doesn't particularly matter too much to me who is at the top of the company! If they produce products which I don't want or need, then I won't buy them. Simple as that, for me at least. And seems to be that way for 93% of the people surveyed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Me thinks that these "consumers" don't know anything about Apple's history, both with and without Job's being behind the wheel. If they did, the results would be quite different IMO. I mean really, do raw materials alone constitute the potential they possess or is it the ideas put forth by men, which shape those materials, that have more to do with the final product ?

If this weren't the case, then Microsoft should be able to produce products which are just as good or if not better. And this isn't me being a fanboi.. I used to use Windows, most of you know that.. This is me saying "here's why I switched to using OS X". But the fact is, that the likes of Ballmer just don't add up to much of anything (unless you like dealing with negative integers) in this regard.

Who knows what ideas or decisions the next CEO of Apple is going to bring to the table ? Jobs' has paved a road for Apple which will hopefully stay true to the current model for a long time to come. That means replacing him with someone who has the same zeal, business sense and frankly.. balls to set the wheels in motion, for whatever their imagination sees as being innovative or inventive.

Doug

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Who knows what ideas or decisions the next CEO of Apple is going to bring to the table ? Jobs' has paved a road for Apple which will hopefully stay true to the current model for a long time to come. That means replacing him with someone who has the same zeal, business sense and frankly.. balls to set the wheels in motion, for whatever their imagination sees as being innovative or inventive.

We've already seen what happened to Apple when Jobs was replaced by the CEO of Pepsi. :Angry-Tongue:

I fully agree. If Jobs ever retires or is too sick to continue on, someone with his zeal and business sense (as you stated) needs to take the reigns.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I wonder if Jonathan Ive can take the CEO position? After all, he is the chief mastermind behind their designs.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I wonder if Jonathan Ive can take the CEO position? After all, he is the chief mastermind behind their designs.
That's the exact reason why I don't want him CEO. He needs to spend 100% of his time being the design genius he is. And not waste his time doing CEO stuff. Just put Ive in a room and give him anything at all he wants. And he'll be happy.

My opinion would be Cook as temporary CEO based on experience and supply chain know how. And in the longer term I'd like the CEO job moved to Forstall. He has age on his side + he is pretty good at the public event things like keynotes. Sure you'll need a Cook like person for supply management + Schiller like person and Co to make sure Apple's books keep the year over year growth trend happening. But for the youth, spark and presence I can really see Forstall being a good CEO.

The only downside with Forstall is I don't see him ever being as ruthless as Jobs is. And kill/discontinue a pet project when it needs to be killed. Ah but with training from Cook and others I'm sure he can learn that. And I'm sure he'll be able to oversee iOS + be CEO just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.