• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mac OS X Lion to Have User Interface Overhaul?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
There's more? YUSSS

*drool*

Okay…Lion Server has my attention. As does AirDrop.

No? Same info as on page 1 which Moss and Ino linked.

Doug

Reaction score
Lion's Airdrop and Auto Save have my attention now.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm not sure I see the benefit of AirDrop. What advantages will it have over sending a file through an IM service or through using file sharing through SMB or AFP? Each of those are easy to setup.

I guess perhaps those seem easy to me because I've set up file sharing on multiple occasions but it's really not all that hard as of right now (it's a checkbox in a System Preferences pane).

Reaction score
If there's one thing I'm not seeing in any of the previews of Lion is the Dock indicator lights. Looks like Apple is doing away with those leaving an iOS-like dock instead. I like the lights. I wonder if it can be activated via a terminal hack. Probably will be. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If there's one thing I'm not seeing in any of the previews of Lion is the Dock indicator lights. Looks like Apple is doing away with those leaving an iOS-like dock instead. I like the lights. I wonder if it can be activated via a terminal hack. Probably will be. :Smirk:

The way apps are closed and quit in Lion will be different. So ultimately, the lights are not as important.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The way apps are closed and quit in Lion will be different. So ultimately, the lights are not as important.

Can you expand on this? Or is this something you've only heard in passing and don't have much info on?

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score

I wonder how many (new) users will get confused when they can't figure out which apps are running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wonder how many (new) users will get confused when they can't figure out which apps are running.

I think you're missing the point. It won't matter which are running like it does today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
My mum always said she needed to put a rocket up me to get me moving at times . . . .

Well mum if you are listening, when/if i upgrade to Lion ill have a whole launch pad lol :)
I love the look of Launch Pad . . .. Cool looking option that is

Reaction score
I think that everyone's ignoring the fact that AirDrop looks similar to an iOS icon, and may finally offer a streamlined way to sync your iOS device(s) with your Mac, as opposed to requiring all syncing through iTunes.

Just thought of that today, but if you combine that with the possibility of a free MobileMe and cloud-based (backup?) iTunes, what you have is a pretty good syncing solution that should solve all of the problems that users complain (or jailbreak) about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.