Snow Leopard crash on save issues

Reaction score
Well...

I've been experimenting a bit

Apple progs seem to work fine as do Adobe except printing: actually, Illustrator crashes on save too

x11 progs will save but printing is still an issue

Cannot save bookmarks in Firefox

Non-x11 open-source progs will not save and crash if I try saving after at close, in fact, none of the items in the drop down list work until trying to close when they all suddenly pop up at once... then it crashes... with no crash report or error msg.

I've upgraded everything I can find to upgrade, the forums at Picasa and Open Office have no idea what to do that I can find, but this seems like a basic issue with Snow Leopard as it has the same or similar effects on multiple programs.

Thanks Bunches!

Model Identifier: iMac5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 3 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
SMC Version (system): 1.9f4

OP
M
Reaction score
Turns out I can't save in the vast majority of programs including most Apple and Adobe. The printer issue was resolved with an update from Epson yesterday... I guess I'll just wait... or is it something so obvious that I'm just missing it? I'm not much of a techie... hmmmm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
First up did you update to OS X.6.6 and did you use the Combo Updater to do this? Here is the link to the Apple web site to do this update. Do not rely of Software Update for major OS updates:-

Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update Combo

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah, did that... I had this weird thought for a minute that Apple was screwing with open source software... but, actually, very few progs will save, including Safari bookmarks... seems similar issues go back to the initial release... really... I've upgraded everything I know... but, I'm not that well versed in snow... ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.