Quick Look question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Hello,

if I'm viewing a file in Quick Look, what is the fastest way to open the file in its default application (eg. JPG file in Preview)? Do I have to go back to Finder and double-click the file?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Just double click whilst in Quick Look will launch the application associated with the file type you are viewing.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Thanks! Silly me, should have figured it out myself. ;D

I have another question: I cannot browse through my files using the arrow keys when Quick Look is in the fullscreen mode. My Mac just beeps when I attempt to do that. It works OK when in "windowed" mode.

Is this behaviour normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
For those who like the keyboard shortcuts (myself included) while in quicklook (or out of quicklook ;) ) you can use CMD+O to open the file with it's default application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
I have another question: I cannot browse through my files using the arrow keys when Quick Look is in the fullscreen mode. My Mac just beeps when I attempt to do that. It works OK when in "windowed" mode.

Is this behaviour normal?

I do believe that is "normal", although it seems like it should be able to switch between files, huh? While you're in full screen, I suppose you're technically giving something more than just a "quick look", though. ;) But yes, it's normal. I am not able to move between files within full screen, and I don't suppose others are either! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Thanks! Silly me, should have figured it out myself.

Well, I just learned that myself. Can't say I ever thought about it before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.