New all-in-one printer compatibal with OSX 10.6.6

Reaction score
Since I upgraded I've found it impossible to make my R380 work properly. My Gf wants a scanner and with the available space an all-in-one seems logical (though I've always been leery of them) However, I want to make sure I find one that is actually compatible with Snow Leopard and I'd like your thoughts.

Not heavy home use
Photo quality
Possibly use a continuous ink system
Fax not required

Thanks much,
MK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Welcome ....

I'm using the Canon MP560, works like a dream.
Have a search on the forum as there are members who have other brands/models who are equally good.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Had great luck with HP Photosmart all in ones.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually, Canon, HP, Brother, all make good compatible all in one printers that work well with OS X. However, the OP stated he preferred one that had a continuous ink system. I don't know if any of the above has one like that, but if they do, it's going to raise the cost of the printer considerably.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks all, I'll check these out. I've been using Epson due to the color quality in photo prints and third party continuous ink systems are available, I'd probably wait to see how much ink a new printer uses, Epsons tend to use a lot and it ain't cheap ;-)

I should also point out that my main concern is compatibility with OSX 10.6.6, my Epson works great with 10.4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Is there something wrong with the R380? I have another Rxxx model, and it works great. There are two drivers in OS X - don't use the Gutenprint one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Epson TX550W works great with Snow Leopard and uses much less ink than former Lexmark All in Obe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.