Settings in Handbrake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I'm creating a slideshow showing the life of my father-in-law, who will lose his battle to cancer any day now and this will be looped at his visitation. I'm going to include video clips from home movies as well. Over the weekend, I went through all the VHS movies (some as old as 25 years) and burned them onto a DVD by hooking the VCR to my DVD recorder's input.

Now I'm at the point where I'll rip that burned DVD onto my MBP using handbrake so I can then open them in iMove to create the slideshow thingy.

What would be the best settings to use in handbrake to accomplish this? I see toggles where you can adjust the quality by target size, bitrate, and constant quality.

I have no idea what kind of time frame I'm on here. He may last another week, and he may pass away before I hit the post button...so I'd like to get this done as soon as possible!

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved since handbrake is an application not an operating system.

OP
AUZambo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Whoops...thanks.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
if you want the best quality, use the H.264 codec, and set the constant quality to highest, or give it a large file size or bit rate.

sorry to hear about your father.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.