Facebook Group Photos from my Mac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Pretty new to the Mac world and loving it so far! I've been using iPhoto to import, edit, and organize my photos and it's been very cool for all I need it to do. However, I've run into one problem. I have a bunch of pictures I want to upload to a Facebook group page and I don't know how to find them on the hard drive. Since it's a group and not my personal page I can't use the Facebook upload feature in iPhoto, I have to us the Facebook upload function. Some searching online has pretty much led me to believe we can't get access to those pictures as iPhoto keeps them pretty buried. Anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks!
Jonathan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Find the pictures you want to share in iPhoto and drag them to your desktop. Then you'll have the files you can upload.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Go into iPhoto and select the Pic you want. Then hit the Info tab down the bottom and it will open a menu on the right of the iPhoto window.
Look for the file name and copy and paste it.
Now go into Finder and in the search box paste the file name in there and then it should give you options of a few ?? Click and highlight that one then look down the bottom to the Path that it shows ...

Cheers

EDIT : Or do it schweb's way :) adding to that make a new folder on the desktop and pt them all in there

C

chas_m

Schweb's way (HIGHLY recommended over TM's method) creates a copy of the photo(s) on your desktop for uploading. Once successfully updated, you can delete the photos on your desktop ... the "originals" are all safe and sound in iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Oh yeah, and you're welcome. :\

Reaction score
schweb's way (highly recommended over tm's method) creates a copy of the photo(s) on your desktop for uploading. Once successfully updated, you can delete the photos on your desktop ... The "originals" are all safe and sound in iphoto.
543.jpg

aha aha! +1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.