dropped bottle on back of mac huge dent wont switch on help please

Reaction score
a bottle of wine dropped on the back of my macbookpro there is a huge dent on the compartment NEXT to where the battery is. it wont switch on :(
can anyone tell me what is located next to the battery and what part is damaged? can upload a pic if needed. thankyou
photo384y.jpg

pic::: http://img812.imageshack.us/i/photo384y.jpg/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The hard drive....
It should still turn on even if the HD is damaged though, so as to what else you have damaged, that is anyone's guess!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That would be where the battery connects to the systemboard.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You're not kidding!!

No way to know what all is damaged without taking it apart. It's possible a new bottom case may fix it. It's possible it needs the case and a new systemboard. If so, you likely can purchase a new one for about the same cost as repairing that one.

If you've got homeowner's insurance that would cover something like this, you might think about calling them. In the meanwhile, you might as well take it in and get an estimate since it's not working anyway.

Reaction score
try pulling the battery out completely and using the magsafe. damage to the battery or the battery connection board wont cause the mac to not turn on. if it still wont power on, then the damage is most likely high shock damage to the logic board. the sheer force of a bottle as heavy as that can break small components on the lobo and if the right circuit is broken..... well, you know. its most likely broken where the ram connects to the lobo cuz thats the ram bay cover that took the hit. best of luck to you and for your sake i hope im wrong.

Reaction score
try pulling the battery out completely and using the magsafe. damage to the battery or the battery connection board wont necessarily cause the mac to not turn on, but the bad connection if it is broke may confuse the system and removing the battery may end that. if it still wont power on, then the damage is most likely high shock damage to the logic board. the sheer force of a bottle as heavy as that (or a fall) can break small components on the lobo and if the right circuit is broken..... well, you know. its most likely broken where the ram connects to the lobo cuz thats the ram bay cover that took the hit. best of luck to you and for your sake i hope im wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.