Canon Selphy problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 11", fuel injected, 4-barrel, duel carbs, glass pack mufflers
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell/dump my Canon Selphy ES1. It worked perfect for awhile and may be more an OS upgrade problem than anything else. But, can anyone tell me why I get this consistent error message: "cartridge must be replaced". No, it's a new cartridge. Reset it several times, even put two new cartridges in it. Same results. Every great once in awhile if I reboot it will work for a couple pics and then business as usual. Suggestions before I send it to its greater reward? Do others have Canon/mac problems as well?
ps. Is this a Brit website perchance? It says I logged on at 0700. Its midnight in Arizona.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've gotten in the habit of tossing printers when they start giving me problems that can't be fixed with a complete removal and reinstall of the drivers. In the case of one just not accepting the ink cartridges - if the thing is out of warranty, a set of cartridges cost all most as much as the printer, then yep, I'd just be looking at replacing it - after running the printer's cleaning options and if you're using genuine Canon cartridges and not some cheap knock-offs.

(The forum is U.S. based, but the software uses Greenwich Mean Time as default - if you didn't change the time zone when you registered - hit the Profile link at the top and then head for Edit Options.)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 11", fuel injected, 4-barrel, duel carbs, glass pack mufflers
I've gotten in the habit of tossing printers when they start giving me problems that can't be fixed with a complete removal and reinstall of the drivers. In the case of one just not accepting the ink cartridges - if the thing is out of warranty, a set of cartridges cost all most as much as the printer, then yep, I'd just be looking at replacing it - after running the printer's cleaning options and if you're using genuine Canon cartridges and not some cheap knock-offs.

(The forum is U.S. based, but the software uses Greenwich Mean Time as default - if you didn't change the time zone when you registered - hit the Profile link at the top and then head for Edit Options.)

Yeah, that's what i was afraid of. Got a hundred bucks worth of cartridges. Sigh. And thanks for the tip to change my profile time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.