Problems with IMovie and Divx Plus

Reaction score
When I tried to play the iMovie tutorial I get the following box

“Divx Plus Web Player

The file you are trying to play has failed to finish downloading and can no longer play”

How do I get the correct file back so that I can play the tutorial

Is Divx Plus an integral part of iMovie?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Divx has nothing to do with your Mac unless you have installed Divx and allowed it to set itself as the default player.

You need to supply more info - what OS X version are you using - where are you getting the video that you are attempting to play?

OP
I
Reaction score
Bobtomay Tks for this reply and recent warning -- I wii not do same questions under multiple sites again. i honestly didn't know.

As far as my question goes, I think you have answered it for the most part. MY system is Mac OS X 10.6.6 (is that snow leopard?) Right now I am just trying to view the tutorial clips that come with iMovie.

If I don't need Divx, how do I get it of my Mac and make my iMovie the default6?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.