Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???

Reaction score
After living without a laptop for almost a year (>.<), I finally had enough money to buy a MacBook Pro this past Friday. I happily went to Best Buy and a member of Geek Squad helped me pick the right one out and consulted me on the many benefits of Mac as opposed to PC. I was so excited while he was opening the case only for him to say "I am so sorry, we are sold out at the moment..." The two other stores in my area were sold out as well. I was then told that their next shipment should be there by this upcoming Wednesday.

I found out today that there might be a MacBook Pro update as early as this Thursday and I was wondering if it would be wise for me to wait a little longer to see what that entails or just go on Wednesday and buy it...

I am planning on getting the Mac Book Pro 15.4" 2.4 GHz, Intel Core i5, 4GB memory, 320GB hard drive, etc...

So, what do you guys think? :)

Thank You in Advance,

Miranda

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It is only a rumour at this stage, but it would definitely be worth waiting to see if this 24th Feb rumour comes to fruition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
No one can answer anything about price, specs, design, or anything else until Apple releases it.
Anything anyone says until they are released is just guesswork, and not to be taken as gospel.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think you can wait a little while longer if you gone for a year + without a notebook. :p After they announce the new MBP you can always buy the newer one or the one that you were originally going to get for a lower price.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Crimson, my desk drawer is so hot I can barely touch it! :) (Got about 10 Apple gift cards in there that were given to us - including a big one from my son)

Hoping the rumor that our friend "the8thArc" posted is true. O:)

OP
M
Reaction score
I think you can wait a little while longer if you gone for a year + without a notebook. :p After they announce the new MBP you can always buy the newer one or the one that you were originally going to get for a lower price.

Yes, that is true too :p I guess I am just getting impatient because it has been very difficult to get papers typed up for school for the past year and I have the money in my pocket to buy a new computer >.<

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey Crimson, my desk drawer is so hot I can barely touch it! :) (Got about 10 Apple gift cards in there that were given to us - including a big one from my son)

Hoping the rumor that our friend "the8thArc" posted is true. O:)

I'm in the same boat. I have a couple gift cards & some cash I've been saving for about the last year...hopefully any hardware announcements will be worth it!

Better be soon as well...I think that my gift cards will start losing value due to "inactive" fees.

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm in the same boat. I have a couple gift cards & some cash I've been saving for about the last year...hopefully any hardware announcements will be worth it!

Better be soon as well...I think that my gift cards will start losing value due to "inactive" fees.

- Nick
I'm almost hoping there won't be a major update. Too much temptation, and I am really trying to stretch another year or two out of my MBP before I upgrade.
Really, the only reason for me to upgrade would be gadget lust! Unfortunately that appears to have been sufficient reason before and probably will be again. ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

I was a bit worried about that too but as far as I have been able to find out, the gift cards do not have an inactive fee or expire.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.