What does the M-F and the heart represent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.7
Fairly new here and still learning. I see it but not often and don't know what it represents?

Thank you,
Don

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
M-F = Mac-Forums..the name of the forums you are on..

And by heart I take it you mean the logo..that's just a play on the Apple logo..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Its in the Paid up members logo under your name. In other words you are saying You <3 Heart M-F

As a paid up member you get the different logo under your name

And on that thanks for supporting M-F

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I see it but not often and don't know what it represents?
Now that you mention it...

As a paid up member you get the different logo under your name
And what does membership get you? I suppose now someone is going to tell me to look at another page I've never noticed the link to...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Now that you mention it...

And what does membership get you? I suppose now someone is going to tell me to look at another page I've never noticed the link to...

It's not pushed or advertised. It's not even a sticky. Here's the thread about it in the Community Announcements forum - link.

The offering of a Premium Membership came about during a time when a few of the members (myself included and before I was a mod) asked for an option of a paid membership when the inline advertising began a few years ago. It's there for those that feel like giving back monetarily. For myself, the primary benefit is still the ad free skin that is made available.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This is just my personal opinion...

The paid up membership means I'm supporting Mac-Forums and perhaps ensuring they remain available for others to use. For what our forums offer in the way of help and advice, it's well worth the price of a paid up membership even if the ads were to remain.

OP
TrueTone911
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.7
Thank you all, I'm happy to support those things I benefit from.

Don

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nice to see you supporting MF don.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
This is just my personal opinion...

The paid up membership means I'm supporting Mac-Forums and perhaps ensuring they remain available for others to use. For what our forums offer in the way of help and advice, it's well worth the price of a paid up membership even if the ads were to remain.

I agree 100%
But the sad part is the benifits of becoming a paid member and having the M-F heart are linked. ie. Can't pay to have the benefits but keep the member tag. You can still pay though and keep the member tag but you get no member benefits.

My point is you can't anonymously donate to M-F. Without forgoing the benefits of donating.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I agree 100%
But the sad part is the benifits of becoming a paid member and having the M-F heart are linked. ie. Can't pay to have the benefits but keep the member tag. You can still pay though and keep the member tag but you get no member benefits.

My point is you can't anonymously donate to M-F. Without forgoing the benefits of donating.

I thought you looked pretty cute with the heart M-F badge; I don't see what the big deal is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I thought you looked pretty cute with the heart M-F badge; I don't see what the big deal is.

He most definitely looked cute :D, I might donate in a couple of days. I have learned a lot on from this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
He most definitely looked cute :D

Looked better than the MoTH badge but he did work hard for that one lol

I might donate in a couple of days. I have learned a lot on from this forum.

Same same. I was once a M-F <3 but let it slip until i get full time work. Its not much to be paid up, but i can do with it more than the forum for now. Not long now though and ill be back into the Member Thread :)

Ill be baaack

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I agree 100%

I'm pretty sure if you just wanted to anonymously donate, iNET would be more than happy to take a check.

But anonymity is not the point of the premium membership program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
But anonymity is not the point of the premium membership program.
It's more like batman or the like. Want to do good but not let the world know who is doing the good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's more like batman or the like. Want to do good but not let the world know who is doing the good.

But you're making an assumption that the only way to donate would be to join the premium member program.

That's not the case. If you really feel strongly about donating, I'm sure other means can be arranged.

Not everything is so black and white ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.