Who here is a swicher and for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I'm a semi-switcher. I have work that needs to be done, and that work seems to happen quicker on my Win2K boxes. But I love using my iMac, and I wish tI had more time to devote to it. It seems that I go through phases, and some times I will go a week using only my iMac, and sometimes I will go a couple days without touching it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm a switcher and very happy to have done it! I have been building and using PC's since I was about 8 years old. I've worked for Microsoft (don't hate me <g>) and built and ran NT networks in college. I had always bashed macs. But there was just something about OSX that inrigued me. So in January when I was looking for laptops, I settled on an iBook. So I finally received it on Feb 1 and have not looked back since. My Dell desktop with WinXP Pro (which btw is not a bad OS compared to the rest of the Windows OS's) just sits in silence while I do everything on my iBook.

Everyday, and I truly mean everyday, I find some new feature or ability in OSX that just makes me say WOW, that is so cool or WOW, that makes it so easy. And everything just works. Now I hate going into work and having to use my NT 4.0 workstation, I miss the ease and elegance of OSX. I bring my iBook to work with me now and use that whenever I can, except when I need to use my Lotus Notes db's. The number of people at work that have come up to me and said "that's a cool laptop" is staggering. I think I may have actually convinced a few to switch :)

Speaking of switching people, I've convince my sister to buy an iBook and my mom will be buying an iMac to replace her PC sometime this summer.

I will never go back to a PC unless I'm forced and am excited to show others how great the Mac truly is. As a resident "IT expert" to all my friends and family, they all come to my for advice on what to buy and I'll be sure to push them in the Mac direction.

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Speaking of switching people, I've convince my sister to buy an iBook and my mom will be buying an iMac to replace her PC sometime this summer.

Hmmm, according that other thread this isn't possible because Apple is no good, and there sales have been terrible.

Makes you wonder where people come up with that garbage.

S

superfula

Switcher here. I switched back in March 02. Bought a dual 800 (sweet machine), and for lack of other reasoning, I went insane around Oct 02. I subsequently sold the pmac and built a pc (a symptom of insanity). Recently, my sanity has come back to me. Sold the pc and bought a new dual 1.25 mdd/800 right when they came out.

Loving it and never going back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
Originally posted by superfula@Feb 23 2003, 12:11 AM
Switcher here. I switched back...
Sounds like a new Switcher commercial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
the first computer i ever used was an Apple ][e in kindergarten. so i started out on the right foot. the first one i ever owned was an se/30, then i got an upgrade to a ppc7200. i still have that 7200 (the one im having problems installing 8.5) ... i owned a bondi blue iMac 366, then upgraded a few times, there was the DV then the DV+. then i bought a blue dalmation iMac before i left for college a few yrs back. now i have my 15" iMac 700mhz, and its my favorite of them all. my switch story is for OSX i guess :p . i didnt make the switch until 10.0.4 came out. and its the best OS ive ever used

... ya i know, it will probably never be a switch commercial, but not everyone can be a switcher.... im a lifetime user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Im with mac addikt.

Born with a Apple IIe in my paws, later conveted myself to an LCIII, used that for ever, Quadra 660av some where in there (never used it much tho), then on to the iMac 233... ah that was quite a step up... I still can remember how fast it seemed, I thought, 5GB, what more do you need, ill never fill up 5GB of info (120mb to 5GB). Few years later I got the 733 G4, that is still I think a 'new' machine, OSX 10.0.1? i think.. shipped. Then as I trecked to college I got myself a iMac 800mhz :) its a tad slower then the 733, but works for me. Its a beautiful thing. O and my iPod I bought last month or 2 ago. I wuv my mac world :)

Lifer :) (also a good band)

A

AstralZenith

Im a switcher... a big switcher...

switched from breifs to boxers <_<

oh macs? ive had those forever :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Originally posted by AstralZenith@Mar 5 2003, 09:08 PM
Im a switcher... a big switcher...

switched from breifs to boxers <_<

oh macs? ive had those forever :D
LOL! Welcome Astral!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ha ha, bravo.

theres another switch that when u try it once, ur hooked.

H

hill.ed

my god, Apple really should use this page for their website about 'switching'. anyway im halfway through switching, just gotta get a few things straight with the PowerBooks then i may never go back to PC's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
I swtitched July 02 with my 15" iMac. Love it. When I did use windows I made it look like Mac OS X. Finally I said screw it. Went into my first Apple store bought my iMac. Best computer I have ever had. I will never go back to windows.

H

hokiethang

yeah i just recently switched as well. I had a pretty decent sony laptop, and decided that it was time for a change, and ordered my powerbook. I havent touched the old one since. I havent touched any of my other machines for reasons other than trying to make them accessible to my mac. I love it. My powerbook is about 3 weeks old, so im a recent switch.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have been working on Apples since the early Apple ][ plus days.

The only switching I do is an work where I work on PCs and Unix workstations/servers.

?

?ÅppLe

Emrys said:
I'm a semi-switcher. I have work that needs to be done, and that work seems to happen quicker on my Win2K boxes. But I love using my iMac, and I wish tI had more time to devote to it. It seems that I go through phases, and some times I will go a week using only my iMac, and sometimes I will go a couple days without touching it.

Virtual pc 6 takes care of that problem :D

A

aquaman

Hey in about four days im gonnna be going down to my local mac store and buying a 900MHz ibook :D I used my brothers 15" powerbook about 3 months ago and all I can think about is getting a mac. I finally got the money and soon I'll be switching :D

H

hokiethang

nice to see people falling in love with their macs. I actually played with my friend's laptop before buying my own and i absolutely loved it. It took me a couple weeks to get the money but i was hooked after just one day.

E

Eukaryote

I just got a Powerbook for my b-day in April, and I have a (what I recently considered "sweet") Dell desktop, that since then, has only been used for storing mp3's and playing some games... But other than that, I solely use my mac.

I have been a PC purist since 6th grade and always smashed macs, until I started using one. Now I'm hooked. Bye bye M$...

Thanks Apple...

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome aboard Eukaryote... I am in the same boat as you, as are a bunch of us here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
im 2 days a switcher. I have been a PC addict for as long as i can remember just never got off them rebuilding them and such but really wanted to try out the mac so saved up. Bought myself a PowerBook G4 867mhz. upgraded the ram to 512. otherwise all the standard with an airport card which i am using as i type to you. I have not been able to get off of this machine since i got it. excellent battery life and features runs smoothly i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.