MacBook Pro 15' unibody is always venting!

Reaction score
Hello everybody :)

I've a MacBook Pro 15' unibody since mid-November and I'm very happy about it. Before, I was on a laptop PC and when I had my MacBook Pro it was a real new life: no noises, no venting, etc... a real better computer for my working life.

Although, for about 3 or 4 days I've noticed something very strange, maybe it's normal or not but I've noticed that my MacBook Pro is always venting. It doesn't make any noticeable noise, but it is venting.

So is it normal? or maybe i didn't noticed that before, cause coming from with PC with all the noises and stuff I was kinda relieved with Mac. And now with all this calm, maybe I notice every little sounds lol.

So tell me, when your MacBook Pro is turned-off for a while or in Stand-by mode, so when it's cold while touching it, tell me if when you start or wake it up, do you hear a venting sound ? Touch or hear at the back of the screen and tell me lol

Regards,

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, instead of having holes all over the bottom like a lot of other PC manufacturers, that slot at the hinge is where the fans blow out the hot air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 inch nvidia 6gb ram, 13 in MacBook pro 320gb 4 gb ram, iPad 16 gb 3G, iPhone 4 Verizon 16g
Also, the fans always run at their slowest and silent speed, which is 2000 rpm. They don't turn off for a sec and then start up again. they just run constantly at their slowest speed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.