6 week review of my MBP running WinXP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
After some serious thought, 6 weeks ago I purchased my first MBP, I did this through eBay which turned into a nightmare but it was soon solved and I decided to buy a new one from Apple Store.
The one I chose was a 15" with 3ghz processor, 4gb ram (upgraded to 8gb), 1gb grafix card and 1tb hard drive.

I needed the pc for processing work which has killed many normal pc's over the years due to the processors burning out over time. The work I do is code breaking and coding, this takes on average 6-8 minutes on a pc.
I installed parallels onto the mac and ran windows xp, this has proven to work flawlessly, coding is down to anything between 4 seconds and 30 seconds and EVERY piece of software I used on the pc works fine on the mac with parallels.

I have to say that the extra cost of the MBP is worth it, the machine is a time saver and does everything I can throw at it.

Only bummer is that I wished id done it years ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I am also wondering about that video card thought 512 was it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Oddly enough in the specs under the avator it has what appear to be what sounds right....
512MB and 500GB.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipad 3g 64gb, Iphone 4, MBP 15 i7, Hi-Res A/Glare, 512mb Grafix, 500Gb 7200rpm Drive, 8Gb Ram
Sorry, my mistake, the hhd is 500 with an external 1tb and the grafix is 512mb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.