adjust the hardrive capacity

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question about my imac hardrive.

My Imac have a capacity of 500 GB, I was installed the window and divided the hd into two equal parts. How can I adjust the capacity of the hardrive w/out format the computer.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Dividing a hard drive is called partitioning. So you have two equal partitions. Are you asking how to change that so that one partition has a greater capacity than the other one?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
CampTune will non-destructively resize Boot Camp partitions. Aside from that, your only other option will be to backup the Boot Camp partition with a tool like WinClone, revert to a single partition with Boot Camp and then start the process all over again, restoring your backup with WinClone.

OP
T
Reaction score
yes, that's correct. I want to change that so that one partition has a greater capacity than the other one

Dividing a hard drive is called partitioning. So you have two equal partitions. Are you asking how to change that so that one partition has a greater capacity than the other one?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
yes, that's correct. I want to change that so that one partition has a greater capacity than the other one

If it were a Windows only machine, you could do it easily with several utilities, however, since you're running Windows on a Mac your only options are as cw107 advised you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.