Update problems

Reaction score
My ipad will not check update in iTunes
Get small window saying itunes could not check for up date to the carrier settings for your iphone . An unknown error occured ( 1651 ) . Try again .
But it keeps happening , Also have an iphone no problem there . It did update once when i got it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Not sure if this is the same could be but error 1651 can sometimes be fixed by re- seating
the sim card on an iPhone is this a 3g iPad if so you may try pulling the sim card then re-installing it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Could the problem lie in me not buying a simcard .
Because I am using my wifi connection was happy with just wifi I thought my wifi was enough , my ipad has wifi + 3g capabilites via micro sim at the moment I am happy with wifi , so it seems i need to get a card after all!to up grade if needed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Could the problem lie in me not buying a simcard .
Because I am using my wifi connection was happy with just wifi I thought my wifi was enough , my ipad has wifi + 3g capabilites via micro sim at the moment I am happy with wifi , so it seems i need to get a card after all!to up grade if needed!

What country are you in. Orange in the uk do a no charge and no contract microsim for the iPad. I pay for data as I use it at a rate of 5p per mb for non wi fi data.

Wi fi is obviously free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.