Folder Actions blinking

Reaction score
I don't know if I am in the wrong place, but hopefully someone can help me out.

I have recently decided to use apple's automator to make folder actions to sort my files in to folders. So far, I have an action that imports my photos in my photos folder into iPhoto. It works great; however, when I click on the 'photos' folder in finder, finder blinks. (The entire application just disappears and reappears a few milliseconds later.) It doesn't affect anything, but has become very annoying as I begin adding more folder actions. My question is: Is this normal behavior? Is there any way to fix this? Or should I just buy hazel?

I am running OS X 10.6.6 on a late 2008 unibody macbook.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I had this problem too, and the actual folder action process took ages. i gave up and just put my processes into the contextual menu instead, its a **** of a lot quicker, and finder doesnt blink.

im guessing its due to constant looping of the workflow.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks I'll give that a try...
Its strange because programs such as Hazel work fine without finder blinking (they're just a little too expensive).

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
yeah, maybe automator is in need of an update. most of the finder actions are scripts from 2008-2009.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.