constantly having to restart to load internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I have a mid 2009 MBP with Snow Leopard. It doesn't matter which browser I use, I constantly have to restart the MBP to continue web surfing. This happens mainly with content rich websites but not always. I have an iPad as well at home, and when I use it for the web on the same network, it does not have a problem loading websites at all.

I have actually called Apple support 2X since I only recently installed Snow Leopard. In one case, the fellow had me change an address in the DNS section of Airport. In the second case, the young lady had me go into the safe mode in Snow Leopard and remove the existing cache files. I still have the problem. There's something in the MBP's operating system that's causing a problem with the loading of websites, but so far, I cannot isolate it. I also have a PC laptop, and don't seem to have a problem with the internet when I use it. Anybody have any suggestions/ experience with this issue?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
When you are having trouble with sites what exactly are you experiencing? Is the connection dropped completely or is it just very slow? A bit more detail about your network would also be helpful. Are you experiencing these problems via ethernet, wirelessly, or both?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very slow loading, or sometimes just a spinning connection message while remaining on the current webpage, or just a blank, white page. Wireless. Linksys WRTG 54. Printer is connected through ethernet. 2 laptops running wireless. Occasional iPad use with no problem.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You may want to get a networking cable to have a wired connection and see if you can replicate the issue. If not, I'm willing to bet you are having issues with your MBP wireless signal.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You may want to get a networking cable to have a wired connection and see if you can replicate the issue. If not, I'm willing to bet you are having issues with your MBP wireless signal.

What causes you to think it would be the wireless signal? I thought of that at one point - Airport being weak. What's the cure?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I've noticed I struggle to download hefty files or have lagging streaming playback the more distant I am to the router. I notice this on my iPad, and I know my iPad isn't slowing down, its the wifi signal becoming weak.

Start with the router, place it in a room where it can radiate better, if possible. The less walls the signal has to go through the better. If you need more tips, just google, "ways to boost wifi signal".

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've noticed I struggle to download hefty files or have lagging streaming playback the more distant I am to the router. I notice this on my iPad, and I know my iPad isn't slowing down, its the wifi signal becoming weak.

Start with the router, place it in a room where it can radiate better, if possible. The less walls the signal has to go through the better. If you need more tips, just google, "ways to boost wifi signal".

Thanks. I also ordered a usb adapter (trendnet). So I'll see how that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.