Can't Upgrade Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi all! I got a 24inch iMac (Meaning the old one)..I run win 7 on it..and i use also magic track pad and wireless keyboard ( the short one ) and i seem to have a problem with delete button-which there is none-. Some suggested to upgrade bootcamp..and though i tried to uprage it, i got these following problems...First i opened boot camp, pressing help button to see which version is it, and it did nothing. Then i downloaded a 3.2 update for bootcamp and it said i need to have 3.1 or greater...then i downloaded 3.1 and it said 3.0 or greater etc etc...

Any help? Any solutions to this ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're more than likely running Boot Camp 2.1 or 2.2. The only way to get Boot Camp 3.0 is to install Snow Leopard. Once Boot Camp 3.0 is installed, then you can upgrade to 3.1 and 3.2.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by saying your keyboard has no delete button? Both the small and long keyboards have a delete button.

OP
P
Reaction score
You're more than likely running Boot Camp 2.1 or 2.2. The only way to get Boot Camp 3.0 is to install Snow Leopard. Once Boot Camp 3.0 is installed, then you can upgrade to 3.1 and 3.2.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by saying your keyboard has no delete button? Both the small and long keyboards have a delete button.

thanks for the info! But i dont see the delete button...at least in windows i cant delete..in mac OS i can with combination of buttons

OP
P
Reaction score
ok, i checked and i got snow leopard 10.6.6 , and the bootcamp version is 3.0.2 . The thing is i cant update my Windows version as there is no update for the iMac ( or i didnt find one) . The updates in apple page are for windows OS and some macbook pro's.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
BootCamp 3.0 is on your Snow Leopard disc. Insert the disc into your machine while you'rebooted up into Windows to install the 3.0 drivers.

The application BootCamp Assistant in OS X and the BootCamp driver package for Windows are 2 separate and distinct items.

The latest version of BootCamp Assistant is 3.0.2, while BootCamp is at 3.2

Reaction score
The update on the Apple page for BootCamp 3.2 (32-bit Windows) is something you download and install from there WHILE IN WINDOWS. Just do that from within Windows and you'll be fine. :) You install the drivers by inserting the SL disc into your Mac also while in Windows, as bobtomay indicated. It's actually very simple but perhaps counterintuitive ...

Cheers

OP
P
Reaction score
i try to update while in windows ( ofc cause its .exe) but i got this problem...i ll try to install the 3.0 drivers...from snow leopard disc...but will that solve it ? dont know

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Remember that you must be booted to Windows 7 before you can insert the Windows 7 DVD. When you do, the drivers should install automatically and you'll have a copy of the Boot Camp control panel item for Windows sitting in your System Tray (Notification Area). It looks like a small diamond.

Once everything is installed, open the BC control panel from Windows and click on "check for updates". The latest Boot Camp updates will be downloaded and installed from Apple.

OP
P
Reaction score
ok.

so it says it encoutered problems and boot camp could not be configured....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.