Mac mail not getting all my mail from at&t/yahoo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - MacBookPro5,4 - 4GB
I have set up my 2 e-mail addresses in Mac Mail and I get most mail. However, the AT&T/Yahoo account has a Spam folder and sometimes new mail goes to that folder. The only way to see these is by logging into my AT&T Yahoo account. Sometimes I will have an item in Spam that shouldn't have gone there. Example my Mac Forums account info. Any ideas on how to get everything to Mac Mail? If I can't solve this I don't see the advantage of using Mac Mail. :\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you can't control the filters in your AT&T Yahoo account, then I suggest you find another ISP. Don't blame your Apple Mail as it only can receive those email messages that your ISP forwards to it.

I use Google Mail (GMail) and do not have that problem. Any ISP on occasion is going to send you a SPAM message or dump a real message into their SPAM bucket, but if it's a regular happening it's time to switch to another ISP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can turn off spam filtering on your Yahoo account and just let Mail handle it. Otherwise there's no way to do what you want without IMAP and I'm not sure Yahoo offers that.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - MacBookPro5,4 - 4GB
You can turn off spam filtering on your Yahoo account and just let Mail handle it. Otherwise there's no way to do what you want without IMAP and I'm not sure Yahoo offers that.

I turned off the SPAM filter and found a heading to forward Spam to Pop mail. Hopefully that will do it. I should have checked further. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.