• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

BBC Iplayer

Reaction score
I have installed the BBC Iplayer and downloaded the files to my MAC which I can watch OK.However i wanted to go a step further and transfer them onto my iphone.Although the files appear as MP4's they will not transfer into itunes.Is there any way of getting these files into itunes and then onto my phone.

Any ideas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hmm interesting as they should of gone into iTunes.

You want ideas ?? Download Handbrake and encode them again using the Toggle Preset in the top right of window then choose your iPhone. Doing this will give you a much better picture for your phone.

Use command>b to add them to the queue and when you press play they will be all there to encode.

HTH

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You cannot convert them for use on the iphone, they are DRM protected, so will not transfer to itunes or be able to be converted using handbrake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You cannot convert them for use on the iphone, they are DRM protected, so will not transfer to itunes or be able to be converted using handbrake

ForMyInfo Thanks for that. I didnt even think about that. Glad the OP got the right answer in the end

Cheers

Reaction score
Usually within 24 hours. Once all the interviews are over with the fire-ee they upload it... So try again tommorrow evening and it should be up.. Could be slow in the first few hours though due to too many hits. I always give it a few days to catch it via i player.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.