Parallels 6 Switch to Mac Edition - Transfar Files without transferring Windows?

Reaction score
I purchased a macbook pro and have installed Parallels 6 Switch to Mac edition on the mac. I am migrating to the mac from a pc running windows vista. I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium on the Mac using Parallels. My question is can I use Parallels to move everything but Windows Vista to the Mac or does it automatically move the operating system as well?

Any suggestions on best ways to migrate everything but Windows Vista to my mac?
Thanks
Doug

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If I understand your post correctly....

Neither Parallels nor Fusion can move data or applications from a version of Windows on a PC to a Windows VM running on your Mac. You will need to reinstall programs from the original source (CD, DVD, ISO, etc.)

VMWare Fusion, however, does have an option whereas it can actually use a current Windows installation to create a VM. But as I stated above, it can not create a VM of Vista and install it or copy it to a VM of Windows 7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.