software to remember installed apps on Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
So I'm contemplating a clean install again on my recent refurb mac.

What I foresee is a hard time compiling and remembering which softwares I had installed on my mac, besides just writing everything down.

My friend mentioned there was a software that could record the list of apps that I had installed on my mac so that when I reformat I knew what software to hunt for again.

Anyone know anything about it? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You could just take screenshots of your Apps folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
There is hardware and its called a Ext HDD. Do a backup and then you will have them forever and no need to re download :)
Or you could look at something like AppFresh that will update all your Apps when set properly in Preferences. . . . . . But backup would be best option i see.

I am also wondering to as to how if you find this App that your friend suggested and you use it, how will it work on the Mac if you are doing a clean install. Once you wipe the HD there will be no App telling you what Apps you had on your Mac, unless you do a backup then you have no need for this App :)

HTH

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Bah, no need to get additional software.
Open Terminal from your utilities folder and paste in this, One line at a time.
Then look on your Desktop, and print the text files.

ls /Applications >> ~/Desktop/Applications.txt
ls /Applications/Utilities >> ~/Desktop/Utilities.txt

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
wow interesting ideas...

well i'm not sure how that software wud've worked but perhaps maybe a list or stg i could print out or save in dropbox heh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.