Mac to PC flashdrive problem

Reaction score
I put some pictures on a flash drive while using my Mac with the flash drive in MS-DOS Fat32 format. I then took the flash drive to a PC in an internet cafe. When trying to open up the pictures I was informed that my files had been corrupted and had viruses. When I tried to use the PC anti virus software to 'cure' the photos the PC display said that they were in a format that could not be recognized. My pictures are still fine and readable through the flash drive on my Mac.

I've been having similar problems the last couple of days trying to get these pictures from one comp to the next.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What version of windows?

How did you format the drive? (My suggestion is use windows to format the drive as fat32)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010+ Mac Mini, 2.4 ghz, 8 gigs RAM / iPad (1st gen) 32gb 3G / iPhone4 16gb / iPod Video 30gb
Did you eject the drive from the Mac before unplugging it? I have had that corrupt files on a flash drive before. Always eject first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.