re-sizing screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
I have just bought my first imac could some one explain to me how I get my pages to fill the screen,it seems a bit daft to have a 21.5" screen that is only half filled,tried the + on the top left of the screen but this only makes it smaller.
regards ray

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Depends on the appliation. Not every application can do full screen. On most applications there should be a little corner with three lines through it. You just click and drag to make it bigger.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
Hi crimson is this some thing perculier to the imac didnt have this problem with a pc.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hi crimson is this some thing perculier to the imac didnt have this problem with a pc.

Mac is not Windows. Need to keep that in mind. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
So, you paid Apple a lot of money to buy a huge 21" widescreen monitor, and you're upset that it's so much bigger that it's got room for more than a single web page?

Maybe you ought to see if you can return it, buy a smaller monitor, and spend the savings on a nice dinner out.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey tech if you cannot be constructive with comments don't reply

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks to you other guys for the constuctive help.
much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
...it seems a bit daft to have a 21.5" screen that is only half filled
Not to me! I like to see what I've left open behind the active window, especially when working with the Windows OS where I don't have the option of using Spaces, like I do on my Mac.

Thanks to you other guys for the constuctive help.
much appreciated
Here's some more, I hope. You don't need to create a new post when you accidently hit the Submit button before you're done. Use Edit. It's right there at the bottom of your post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Though there are many similarities between Windows and OS X, there are some notable differences. Closing a window doesn't quit its application, you can't natively cut and paste files in the Finder, and the green Zoom button usually isn't the equivalent of the Maximize button in Windows.

The Zoom button will generally only open the window large enough to accommodate what's within it and from there you have to drag the lower right corner to make it any bigger than that. This is from the standpoint that Macs have often been used by multimedia professionals who are usually switching between several open programs at once, roundtripping projects and comparing them, I assume. But once you use the resize corner to make the window the size you want it to be, it will often default to your custom size whenever you toggle the Zoom button.

If you really want the Zoom button to act like the Windows Maximize button, I suggest RightZoom, a small, free and handy little tool that adds that functionality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Hey tech if you cannot be constructive with comments don't reply

How was that not constructive? If you can't use your computer effectively, you're going to have problems. Sorry if you're not willing to accept that. Oneironaut has some good suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.