New Era!

Reaction score
Good Day Folks!

I have been working with computers since 1983, started out on a TI 99/4a, used various Apple's in school, and for the last 15+ years been on Windows. Well, today I just ordered a shiny new 27" i3 iMac. It all started when my co-worker gave me an iPod touch 2nd Gen 1 year or so ago. I also purchased the iPhone since it became available on Verizon. Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. Some of my other hobbies are, Scroll Saw Woodworking, Model Railroading, Building Model Kits, Making Diorama's, And Going Track-Side To Watch & Photograph Trains, I Also Have A General Class Amateur Radio License.

Steven

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Welcome and I am sure you will find the iMac an incredible machine and my friends that are heavy into photography use Aperture you might find that app very helpful for the money.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome aboard. The world hasn't been quite right since trains stopped being a primary mode of transportation.

BTW with all that going on when do you sleep?

OP
WigWag Workshop
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. The world hasn't been quite right since trains stopped being a primary mode of transportation.

BTW with all that going on when do you sleep?

I agree, in the USA trains are not looked at has a mode of transportation for humans, but freight seems to be on the rise.

I split time with my hobbies, like to keep my mind working :D - plus most of my hobbies are shared with my boys, it gives us time to communicate, and discuss stuff going on.

Steven

OP
WigWag Workshop
Reaction score
Unreal! Why oh why did I wait so long to make the switch? Got the iMac today, and I could not be happier!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Congrats on the new gear. Now you have something else to occupy the vast amount of free time that you have. lol. Be warned though you might have a bit of trouble prying it away from the boys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.