Wifi

Reaction score
Hi. First of all I'm sorry if this thread is already posted, I really don't know how to describe my problem in a few words to try and search it.
Second of all, I'm from Argentina so forgive my English if it isn't great.

Last week I started to notice that mi iPhone 4 doesn't recognize all wi fi networks available in one area. Yesterday I asked a friend to bring his iPod touch and inside a shopping, his ipod showed 6 wi fi networks (my iphone none). My home wi fi network appears only when I'm ridiculously close to the modem.
I'm strarting to get really annoyed, because just 30 minutes ago, I called MacStation Argentina (kind of a official distribuitor here) and they told me that even if my international warranty hasn't expired, they provide technical service for all products except (guess....) iPhones.
Please tell me this ISN'T a hardware problem.
I tried restoring it from iTunes, restoring network setting (or something like that), and I am still having the same problems.
("Ask to join networks" is on...)
I appreciate ANY help, thanks a lot,

Juan

Reaction score
did you get any resolution on this problem?I am having the same issues with my iphone 4.

OP
J
Reaction score
Apparently, it's a hardware problem. Either the Wi Fi antenna is unplugged or broken. You can open the iPhone yourself (iFixit), or take it to an apple store, if you don't live in f** Argentina as I do, to make use of the warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.