• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Nvidia CEO: Future laptops will mirror MacBook Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Sometimes, I don't believe going thin is always the best route.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
The only thing that is stopping it from being widespread is manufacturer's are not ready to give up that cd rom slot. the cd rom will not go away just like the stupid 2.5inch floppy disk drives you still see around. I really wish more companys would distribute their software using the same method the air does. so you get a little usb drive with the software on it when you buy the software. less packaging at the very least. never worry about scratches. its just better imho and as a whole society has moved most machines to at least 1 usb port. Im a little against 100% digital distribution but I would certainly agree to usb drives instead.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sometimes, I don't believe going thin is always the best route.

My wife keeps telling me I need to lose 10 LBs.... Oh, we're talking about computers are we? :)

Reaction score
My buddy has an Air. I love that little thing. +1 for getting rid of CDs. I hate them dang things. I'd like to get a percentage of how much software today is distributed and installed by CD. I'm kind of curious.

I like the online Market/App Store model a lot. It's a great way to distribute software. Commercial vendors are finally catching on to what's been happening in the open source world for a long time. Online repositories of software that are browsable and searchable that provide tools making it easy to manage all the software on your system. It's one area where I think the Linux world is slightly ahead.

Hardware is definitely going small. As long as a means exist to connect peripherals like external monitors the rest of the guts is going smaller and smaller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
the nvidia foreman
want to browse the web AND cook burgers at the same time? now you can with the nvidia foreman!
fermi powered

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.