Genealogy Program for OS X

Reaction score
Bought my first MAC seven months ago. Installed Parallels on it so I could run an old windows version of Family Tree Maker for PC.

Would like to go completely MAC by buying a genealogy program for MAC. Was going to buy Reunion but then Family Tree Maker for MAC came out. Been waiting to see a comparison view of both.

Anyone here use either program? Or have any suggestions on which program is best for MAC.

Thanks!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum and edited title for clarity. What does this have to do with "Rumors and Reports"? Please read our forum descriptions before posting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Howdy. I have used Reunion for six years. Originally bought it to set a genealogy report in a book. Worked fine. Since then I have kept up with my family and my wife’s family. Easy, intuitive, and responsive forum. No problems, always does what I need.

Reaction score
PAWriter II

I started with Family Tree in 1991 on a DOS/Win 3.1 machine. Upgraded to Generations (by Sierra) in 1998. To get my gedcom data onto my iMac, I installed the freebie PAWriter II. (La Nopalera). It is a bare bones App, but it's as good as the 1998 Generations prog. When I decide to get serious again about genealogy, I'll look for an App with more features.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.