Upgrading MB Hard Disk.

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
Hi,

I have got a MacBook7,1 mid2010 "13 250GB, and I wanted to know if I can remove my 250Gb and replace it with a larger HD. What is the limit, the last size I can install ( Can I install an HD larger than 500Gb ).

I am writing this because I remember I read somewhere sometime ( I do not remember ) that I can install only some HD sizes is that true.

And one more question, I do not have an Apple retail store near my house or my city so which HD should I buy it from a computer store? and what brand should I buy I heard Toshiba is the one Apple uses.

I hope you understand ;D

regards,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Right now, the largest hard drive that will fit in your MBP is the WD 750 GB model sold here in the US by several on line retailers. Anything larger than 750 GB is too thick to fit in your machine.

You need a SATA drive which is 2.5" wide and no thicker than 9.5 MM.

Here's a LINK which you can go to and possibly order from them.

OP
Kax

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
Thank you very much chscag

and just one more question, as I said we do not have an apple retail store so I will install the new Hard Disk thus I will open the MacBook. and when I do that the warranty is no longer working, right?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
as long as you dont damage anything, you dont affect the warranty swapping the hard drive or ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 8gb RAM, 750gb HD
I just got my 13" MacBook Pro yesterday. It came with a 250gb HD and 4gb of RAM. Before I went to bed last night it had a 750gb HD and 8gb RAM.

This is the FIRST Mac I ever bought and the upgrade was super easy. A copy of Carbon Copy Cloner and an external HD enclosure and I was ready to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.