Back to Apple Mac???

Reaction score
Many years ago my computer system Mac and later on I moved to Windows based PCs - now it is the time to move on the a new computer and system and I am completely confused with Windows as, for example, there are 6 versions of Windows 7 and many compatibily problems with programs.

My main use is working with images bot RAW and Jpeg with
Photoshop Elements 8 and 9
ACR
Lightroom 3.3

Is the Mac Mini with 2GB or 4GB RAM good enough?
Do I need more RAM?
Can it work with a screen like Eizo S2001W which I am using now?

EIZO FlexScan S2001W 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor ( S2001W-BK ) - 20" LCD Monitor - EIZO Monitor

Is the iMac really a better way to go?

Many thanks for any assistance!

This thread was published in another section before but I think here is the proper place for it.

Many years ago my computer system Mac and later on I moved to Windows based PCs - now it is the time to move on the a new computer and system and I am completely confused with Windows as, for example, there are 6 versions of Windows 7 and many compatibily problems with programs.

ACR
Lightroom 3.3

Do I need more RAM?

EIZO FlexScan S2001W 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor ( S2001W-BK ) - 20" LCD Monitor - EIZO Monitor

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

The fastest Mac Mini at 2.66 Ghz Core2Duo with 4GB should be a pretty capable machine. i don't use those applications personally so I can't tell you if it's enough..

The Mac Mini will have no problem interfacing to that particular LCD you already have. The output of the Mac Mini is a HDMI connection (and with the included HDMI-to-DVI converter) it can drive monitors up to 1920x1200..

The slowest iMac is the 3.0Ghz i3 and the Mac Mini is only a little slower that that, so overall performance is probably a bit of a wash there..

Now the iMac can step up to the i5 and i7's and those processors will definitely work a lot better with the applications you wish to use..

Regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As a matter of fact, only one other Mac performs better than the i7 iMac and that's the Mac Pro. So yes, an iMac is probably the best bang for your buck when buying a new Mac. And as Raz0rEdge pointed out, the Mini is a very capable machine for many things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go for the Mac Pro IMHO and your beautiful Eizo screen will connect via the DVI ports. You can then upgrade memory and graphics as you see fit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
If you're looking at the Mac Mini I would take a look at the MacBook - same specs. If not, iMac & Mac Pro are the way to go.

OP
R
Reaction score
Back to Apple Mac with Mac Mini???

ACR
Lightroom 3.3

Do I need more RAM?

:D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This is the third time that I have already merged this thread. >_>" If it happens again don't say I didn't warn you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
This is the third time that I have already merged this thread. >_>" If it happens again don't say I didn't warn you.

Good to hear this one is on the radar.:)

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score

I am a bit surprised. I am just a new member here and realised that it is better to move my thread to this section of the forum.
No need to talk about spam or to warn me.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I am a bit surprised. I am just a new member here and realised that it is better to move my thread to this section of the forum.
No need to talk about spam or to warn me.

I actually haven't given you a warning yet. I could but I'm being nice. Please read the forum rules and guidelines before making any more new threads and post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.