problems with wireless printer

Reaction score
ok, so i am not very technical, so i dont know if there is help for me here, lol....but i have a wireless printer, it used to work wirelessly through my mac perfectly (version 10.6.6, if that matters). when it worked i had a windows desktop that the printer was directly connected to. i sold the desk top and am using nothing but my laptop now, but once i took the desktop out i am not able to use the printer wirelessly anymore. i have to use a usb cable. i have spent hours trying to figure out what to do to make it work wirelessly again but have gotten no where. i have a lexmark pro 700 series printer, and a d-link extreme giga bit router (dir655b1?) i can plug the usb straight into the the router, which is what one person told me to do, but my computer still will not connect to the printer when not plugged in straight to the printer with the usb, the printer is saying it is connected to my network though. just cant get the computer to see the printer. so yeah, i have no clue where to go or how to fix this, the lexmark website and trouble shooting forums are no help, they just say to type in the printer address in the system preferences print and fax area and then hit enter, but my computer still finds nothing. well maybe it finds something, it does show the printer icon, but says its in use. does any one know whats going on and maybe can possibly explain how to fix it in laymen's terms for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OK...... a few carridge returns wouldn't be unwelcome in such a long post ;)

Just so we know what you've tried....
- Delete/uninstall the printer from your Mac.
- Put the driver CD in. Once the disc loads you'll get an option to install.
- Choose the wireless option and enter your SSID and network key/password when prompted - these are case sensitive
- Treat it as though you've just got the printer out-of-the-box. Don't keep any existing settings.

Post back with the results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.