keyboard delay when jumping fields by pressing "tab"

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else but...when i'm filling out an application or logging into a website that requires me to put a username and password...everytime i jump from field to field by pressing tab...theres a DELAY. for example, I'll type my username and immediately press TAB to jump to the password box and begin to type my password but by the time I finish typing my password, the cursor has barely jumped to the password box and theres a delay for the key sequence pressed to show up.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little confusing but I'm just a little irritated by that...if u guys understand what i'm trying to say and u know of a fix...could u PLEASE tell me...

thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I have had that happen to me on the past, mainly when I was using Firefox, I switched to Google Chrome and it no longer happened to me. At a guess it was mainly because Firefox was such a resource hog.
However without knowing what machine, specs, OS and browser you are running it can be hard to pinpoint the exact problem ;)

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm using SAFARI as my default browser...just because i've gotten so used to it. but i've tried other browsers and it's the same thing...it's quite annoying...I'm wondering if it could be a default system configuration...??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.