My MacBook Pro charger or the battery itself?

Reaction score
Well recently my MacBook pro has been freezing after just sitting and I would just simply cut it back on. But today it would not cut back on at all. The white light cuts on and cuts off immediately. The battery is almost 2 1/2 years old but I just want to make sure it's the battery or the charger before I go out and buy another. Please help me and thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What do you mean by freezing?

OP
D
Reaction score
Edoced from

By Freezing I mean not being able to move the arrow with my pad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Ok, has your battery expanded at all?
Unresponsive trackpad is often connected to a swollen battery!

Does this happen at all when you remove the battery and just run it off the charger?

OP
D
Reaction score
To be honest Im not a tech savy as most of the people on here but it doesnt look as if the battery has expanded. But it was some type of black stuff on the back as if it was coming from the battery. The laptop will not cut on at all. It attempts to cut on and cuts right off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure that I understand.

You say that it freezes, and by that you mean the curser (mouse pointer) on the screen.
This suggests that it powers on.
Are you saying that it doesn't power on without turning itself off immediately?

OP
D
Reaction score
Well no it was freezing up from time to time until today. Now it doesn't cut on at all and now im thinking its the computer itself. So im going to take it to apple in the morning and see what they say. I have no idea at all what this could be. I pressed the button on the battery and all of the lights are coming on so yeah im confused.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im going to take it to apple in the morning and see what they say.

Sounds like a good idea.
Post back and tell us what they say.

Reaction score
I have never heard anyone use the word cut, to replace the word, power. Very odd.

Good luck at the Apple Store.

OP
D
Reaction score
I went to apple this morning and he said it appears that the logic board is failing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.