is KTA-MB1066/4GETR ram OK for 2009 Macbook?

Reaction score
Hi! Totally new to this forum and mac. Scored a used Macbook (2009) with final cut pro for editing and wanted to upgrade from 2gig to 4gig ram. Any way to know:

a. if KTA-MB1066/4GETR ram will work?
b. if a newbie like me can replace the ram safely?
c. (bonus) if that's enough to edit HD footage okay?

Already searched the forum for this but don't see an answer.

THANKS. Enjoying the difference from PC and looking forward to learning a lot in this forum. Will try to help out when I learn enough to be helpful.

-falcone

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - Crucial Mac System Scanner

this should tell you what ram you need.

im guessing its PC3-8500 1066MHz DDR3 RAM, let me know if im right.

im guessing you are in the USA, if not try the uk site. alot of people on here recommend crucial.

the RAM is easy enough to install. make sure you discharge static electricity from your body before touching any components. (i discharged on the optical drive casing.)

there are alot of tutorials on youtube on how to do it.

as for HD footage, i struggled with memory with 4GB, so i cant really say.

hope ive helped somewhat.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
a. Sorry, but I don't think anyone here is going to be familiar with a specific part number amongst the hundreds of different sticks of RAM out there.

Even after we go search for it, we still can't answer the question without knowing which MacBook you have. Some '09 models use DDR2 and some use DDR3

You can find the answer to what type of RAM your Mac uses along with the max you can put in your machine at everymac.com. (The Crucial site above will work also.)

b. Should be able to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.