Import/export email contacts from Yahoo account???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
Have searched for days to find a way to easily export email contacts from my old Yahoo email address book into my Mac email account. Just keep hitting a brick wall!! Please help.
Carleen

Reaction score
Reaction score
import contacts from Yahoo into Mac Mail

Start by exporting the contacts from your Yahoo account to your Mac as .VCF files. Follow the directions from Yahoo here: How do I export contacts from my Yahoo! Mail Contacts folder into other accounts? | Yahoo! Mail Help

Then Import the .VCF files into Apple's Address Book (this is what the Mac Email program uses to store it's contacts). Open Address Book and select File > Import > vCards. Select your contacts and click Open.

Thanks so much for this, so far so good... however, it looks like I can't seem to import the vCards except one at a time - which is a pain since I have hundreds... I tried shift-click, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

C

chas_m

I haven't tried this, but what happens if you drag all the selected VCards into Contacts' open window?

Reaction score
Yahoo doesn’t have a too good export system. Exporting the emails and contacts directly and importing them from the other side isn’t the easiest of the tasks.
You can give a try to Mail Backup X instead. Export the contact list in ics form which is well supported all mail clients.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@TheTechie

Welcome. Nice to hear from you and thank you for your post.

This thread is, however, close to 5 years' old and I guess solutions have been found or abandoned.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.