Not sure what to do... Upgrade my macbook or buy MBP

Reaction score
Well, first off i have a 2 ghz intel duo processor 2gb ram 13inches 120gb hd

lately i have been using a lot of video editing programs, as well as parallels for a few things. my computer is definitely going slow b/c i don't have enough ram... if i were to just upgrade my macbook i would be adding max ram as well as the biggest hd i could afford. how much Ram could my macbook handle?

would it be worth my money to just get a new MCP b/c my processor is 2.0? maybe a 2.6 or 2.4.. is it worth the extra money? i know there are other features with the MCP but i'm mostly concerned with performance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Without listing the model or year can't give you an honest answer but you can go to Crucial.com and get the info after it scans your computer and as for new yes it would do
it faster as with anything newer plus some other features such as a better trackpad and longer battery life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Depends on what year Mac you have as to how much RAM it can utilise.
Mid 06 2GB
Late 06 3GB
Mid 07 3GB
Late 07 6GB

For the cost of RAM and a faster HD, if you are utilising the RAM like it sounds like you are, you would definitely see a performance improvement, for a lot less of a cost to getting a new Macbook Pro.

A1181 covers all Macbooks until mid 09 except for the aluminium Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
And of course an update from Leopard to Snow Leopard if you have not already got it :D

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.