Unistalling Software

Reaction score
I am using OS 10.6 I am trying to get ident to work on Mac Snak IRC software on Mac OS 10.6. I installed their optional ident software. But this didn't work-- no ident response from the IRC server. I also tried installing a separate "Ident-D", an ident server. This didn't work either.

I'd like to completely get rid of what I installed, but have no idea where to look to remove them, or change back whatever it was that was changed. There was very little documentation with either one of these things. Snak IRC software support was unresponsive in email.

The installation of both software was a double click--not a drag to the applications folder. I had to enter my password for them to install and/or make changes. Did it write files in a system settings folder of some kind? I'm pretty new to the mac. Any suggestions?

thanks, Kevin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The installation of both software was a double click--not a drag to the applications folder. I had to enter my password for them to install and/or make changes. Did it write files in a system settings folder of some kind?

That's hard to say. App Delete might find something, and then again, it might not. The latter is not proof positive that something is not hiding.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.