Trackpad drivers not loading on windows resume

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I am having a problem with the trackpad drivers in windows. for some reason every once and awhile when i come out of sleep the trackpad drivers are not loaded. i can see they are not because if i go into control panel and look at bootcamp the trackpad tab option is gone. it comes back after full reboot.

its not a big deal since a reboot fixes it although it could be considerably annoying if it starts happening every time i wake from sleep. so far its happened 3 times. has anyone experienced this or know of a fix. :\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Assuming it's Windows 7 you're referring to and you seem to be using an 11" Air..... First, how did you install Windows on the Air? External optical drive? USB thumb drive? Can you try to reinstall the drivers and have you downloaded the latest Boot Camp version for Windows?

OP
safarisurfer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
i installed using a external cd writer. for the air when you go to set up bootcamp in osx to partition the drive it asks if you want to create a boot camp disk. so it downloads and you put a disk in and it burns the disk. i installed windows 7 professional 32 bit then bookcamp drivers. updated all windows drivers. everything was working great. then apple installer said it had a bootcamp update. so i installed that. somehow that screwed up my original boot camp install because i lost my video driver after it completed which was fine before. so i inserted my original burned boot camp disk and did a repair and this fixed my video driver issue. then i checked the apple update to see if it wanted another bootcamp update but it didnt.

everything seemingly works fine now except loosing the trackpad driver every once and awhile. i think it happens on a deep sleep when its been unused for awhile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Have you checked Windows Update as well to see if there are any updates on that side of things? Start > All Programs > Windows Update

- Simon

OP
safarisurfer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
no windows critical updates and 1 optional update for larger sd slot reading which i dont have a sd slot so it doesnt matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.