editing scanned document

Reaction score
If I print a pdf file of text and then scan it, can I then edit it? Or any way to get a pdf into an editing program to work on it?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If I print a pdf file of text and then scan it, can I then edit it? Or any way to get a pdf into an editing program to work on it?
Adobe Acrobat Pro and PdfPen both will do this. My limited experience trying it with PdfPen was very unsatisfying, due to poor font matching.

I think, if all you want to do is edit a text document that is PDF, your best option is to open it in Preview, highlight the text and copy, then paste it into a document in Pages. You can edit it as you see fit then export it again as a PDF file. This works very well.

Reaction score
adobe export pdf

I have tried to use this editor, it is supposed to export to word so you can then edit it. I want to delete a couple of lines and add others but cannot seem to make it wokr. Sucks when you pay for something and even adobe support can't tell U how to master it.:Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.